Drupal is an open source content management framework written in PHP. It is used as a back-end framework for at least 2.1% of all web sites worldwide ranging from personal blogs to corporate, political and government sites. In order to work on Drupal the first requirement is to get a suitable theme for the website.
To proceed with theme installation simply follow the following simple steps
1. Open Xampp and start Apache and MySQL services.
2. Go to Xampp/htdocs and create a new folder.
3. In this new folder copy the folder from the original theme folder which has folders such as includes, misc , modules.
4. Copy the folder which fulfils the above requirements in the new folder.
5. Open browser and go to localhost/phpmyadmin.
6. Click on database tab and create a new database.
7. Click on the newly created database in left navigation section. Under File to import section we have to upload sql file.
8. Go to the original theme folder which we have extracted and find database.sql file and upload it.
9. Find settings.php file which is under sites/default. Open this PHP file in notepad and find keyword “root”.
10. above this keyword “root” under database type name of the database.
This completes the Drupal theme installation