Open Adobe Photoshop
1) Then go to file >> click new file & then edit the width & the height (as per FB & Linked In)
FB Cover page Dimension - width: 850 height: 315 and resolution: 100
Linked In Cover Page dimension - width: 1400 height: 425 and resolution: 100 Size: 4 MB
2) Click on ‘OK’ Button (You can view the same in the below image )
3) Drag the Image (any image that has good clarity only) to the Photoshop (You can view the same in the below image )
4) If the image is not as per the FB & linked-in dimensions, need to press the Shift+Alt button and drag any of the corners to adjust the image size as
per your need. [ You can view the same in below images]
a) View of the image not as per the FB & linked-in dimensions
b) View of the image once you drag the corners
5) To view the image once it’s re-sized click on the Tick Button on the top which is marked in red. (You can view the same in the below images )
a) View of the image before you press on the Tick button
b) View of the image after you click on the Tick button
6) To add a text onto the image, click on the ‘T’ button which is to the extreme left hand side, which is marked in red
(You can view the same in the below image)
7) Write the text as needed onto the image, you can change its font, size, color etc.. after done with it click on to the “Tick” button on the top center as done
previously in step number 5.
8)Once done with the edition in the image, click on the Save As button in the menu bar. Save the file in a particular folder as needed with a file name.
You can save the file in the JPEG or PNG format.
If you need to edit the Text onto the image anytime in future you need to save the file in PSD format ONLY.