Basically Hibernate is an object-relational management (ORM) collection for Java terminology, which offers a spring framework for applying for an object-oriented sector design to conventional relational databases. It resolves object-relational impedance mismatched problems by changing immediate persistence-related databases accesses with the high-level item handling features into it.
Hibernate helps storage space and the recovery of Java sector things via Object or Relational Mapping.
What basically Hibernate Does?
1)Hibernate Maps Java category to databases platforms & vice versa
2)Information question and recovery facility
3)IT Produces the SQL(Structured Query Language) question based on underline DataBase(DB) and it tries to all eviate the designer from guide to outcome set handling and item transformation.
4)Making program convenient to all relational DB.
5)Improves efficiency by giving different stages of cache.
What is HQL?
HQL is acronym of Hibernate Query Language. It is SQL(Structured Query Language) motivated terminology which is offered by hibernate. Developer can create SQL like concerns to perform with data things.
Advantages of Hibernate Framework
There are many advantages of Hibernate Framework. They are as follows:
1) Hibernate is Opensource and Lightweight: Hibernate framework is available opensource under the LGPL license and lightweight.
2) Performance is Faster: Performance of hibernate framework is fast because cache is internally used in hibernate framework.
Two types of cache available in hibernate framework first level cache and second level cache. First level cache which is enabled by default.
3) Database Independent query: HQL (Hibernate Query Language) is an object-oriented version of SQL. Generates the database independent queries. So you don't need to write specific queries of database. Before Hibernate, If database is changed for project,then we need to change the SQL query as well that leads to the maintenance problem.
4) Automatic table creation: It provides the facility to create the tables of the database automatically. So there is no need to create tables in the database manually.
5) Simplifies complex join: To fetch data form multiple tables it is much easy in hibernate framework.
6) Provides query statistics and database status: Hibernate supports Query cache and it provides statistics about query and about the database status.